The organizing committee of the 18th International Conference on Biological Inorganic Chemistry (ICBIC18) invites abstract submissions for any topic relevant to bioinorganic chemistry.
Participants who wish to apply for a scientific contribution to the conference must submit an abstract for the consideration and approval of the Scientific Committee. Please indicate your preference for a lecture or a poster presentation. If you wish to apply for a lecture, please take into account that only a limited number of them will be selected by the Scientific Committee. Non-selected contributions will be automatically transferred to the category of poster communications.
The on-line submission of abstracts is open. Abstracts submitted after May, 31, 2017 must be directly adressed to our secretariat at email@example.com
If you have any question regarding the registration, use this email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presentations will be classified for invited oral presentation or poster.
- Detailed information, guidelines, and recommendations for invited oral or poster presentation, as well as time allocation, date, time and room will be sent to the registered corresponding authors.
- The acceptance of abstracts by the Scientific Committee does not imply any financial assistance or fee deduction.
- We would try to comply with the authors’ preferred presentation method (oral or poster). However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change submissions for oral to posters, rather than refusing abstracts, depending on the number, theme, and quality of submissions.
Information for authors
- Authors and co-authors must indicate their name, last name, institution workplace address and email. There is no limit for co-authors.
- The presenter will be the author. It is mandatory for the presenter to be registered on the ICBIC18 conference.
- Maximum one presentation per each registration.
- Kindly register your abstract via the online registration system.
- For each abstract submitted, the proposer must specify no more than one thematic area and one topic that best describe the contents of the contribution in order of relevance. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the topic if deems it appropriate.
- Bioenergetics, Electron Transfer and Reactive Species
- Bioinspired Coordination and Organometallic Chemistry
- Cell biology of Metals (homeostasis, transport, storage)
- Environmental Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Medicinal Inorganic Chemistry
- Metalloproteins and Metalloenzymes
- Nanotechnology in Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Nucleic Acids and Metals
- New Emerging Topics (in Bioinorganic Chemistry)
- Abstracts must be original and unpublished (works cannot be published or accepted in other congresses or forums)
- Carefully prepared abstracts facilitate the review process, as it is easier to judge the quality of presentations that are thoroughly and concisely described.
- Please write the abstract with a word-processing program, check spelling and grammar, proofread carefully, copy and paste it in to the space in the form. Choose appropriate thematic area and topic form the list provided.
- Use standard abbreviations and symbols: keep abbreviations to a minimum and define each one when it is used for the first time.
- The abstract must be in English. If English is not the author’s first language, it is recommended that the abstract should be proofread by an English native speaker or other fluent English speaker.
- Please follow the pre-formatted fields indicated in the forms. It should be note that the abstract must not exceed one A4 page.
- The title should be brief (a maximum of two rows), clearly indicating the contents of the abstract.
- Keywords are required, there will be permitted a maximum of three words.
April 30, 2017 Deadline: abstract submission oral presentation
May 31, 2017 Notification of acceptance for oral presentation
May 31, 2017 Deadline: abstract submission posters
Presenting authors must register by 1st June, 2017 in order to ensure their presentation will be included in the ICBIC programme.
Please download the abstract template here
Sponsors and Partners